Couple $2,000, Family $3,000
Monthly Share Amounts:
What Is Shared in Medical Cost Sharing Programs?
At Liberty HealthShare, we strive to make it easier for you to be a wise consumer and manager of your medical care.
As part of our simple, transparent process, your monthly voluntary share contribution automatically transfers to the online account of another member with eligible medical expenses. You see where your money goes, so you can pray for and encourage the members you help. But what happens when you or your family has a medical need? What is shared as part of your Liberty HealthShare membership?
Shareable Eligible Medical Expenses
Once you’ve met your Annual Unshared Amount, the following types of medical expenses are shareable through Liberty HealthShare:
- Annual wellness and screening appointments
- Physician and clinic visits
- TeleHealth visits
- Urgent care
- Emergency care
- Surgery and hospital care
(inpatient or outpatient)
- Ancillary therapies
- Home health care
- Medical testing
- Ambulance transport
- Prenatal and maternity care
*After the first two months of membership, an annual wellness visit and related lab work are eligible for sharing and not subject to AUA. Please see Sharing Guidelines for details.
Not All Medical Expenses Are Sharable
Because our medical cost sharing programs are voluntary and limited to amounts shared by members, not all medical expenses are shareable.
Generally speaking, we do not share expenses associated with unhealthy choices or voluntary/cosmetic procedures. As a community of health-conscious people living by Christian values, most of our members avoid these charges naturally, with a few exceptions.*
Under your Liberty HealthShare program, you may not share:
- Pre-existing conditions during the first year of membership*
- Tier 1–3 prescriptions
- Dental/vision expenses
- Expenses other than accidents, acute illness, or injury within the first 60 days of membership
- Medical expenses of $200 or less in billed charges may not be shared, unless otherwise noted in the Sharing Guidelines
Some exceptions and restrictions apply. For complete details, please refer to our Sharing Guidelines.
How Our Medical Cost Sharing Programs Work
At Liberty HealthShare, we’re committed to making medical cost-sharing a simple and transparent process. It’s easy to join, track your progress and budget for your healthcare costs.
Members across the US become a part of a national sharing community who believes in the power of caring for another through the Christian value of sharing. Like-minded members from diverse, varying backgrounds contribute monthly to help other members in need. The concept is simple but incredibly powerful.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose your doctor, provider or facility. You have access to a network of more than 900,000 providers, or use an out of network provider without penalty.
- Show your Liberty HealthShare Member ID card at the time of service.
- Provider bills Liberty HealthShare electronically.
- Once you’ve met your Annual Unshared Amount, members will share your eligible expenses (up to your program’s limit).
As part of our simple, transparent process, you’ll always know exactly where your voluntary contributions are going and the status of your shareable medical expenses. We support our members and their families on their journey to better healthcare.
The Liberty HealthShare Process
As a community of like-minded, health-conscious individuals and families, we commit to bearing one another’s burdens and support one another in times of need.
Contribute your monthly shared amount
Visit any provider or medical facility of your choice
Present your Liberty HealthShare Member ID card
Provider bills Liberty HealthShare electronically to apply discounts