Prenotification is an important aspect of your Liberty HealthShare membership. To successfully navigate your healthcare needs it is important to know when and how to utilize the prenotification process. Our pre-notification nursing staff is here to help you assess these areas: understanding our Sharing Guidelines, eligibility of upcoming needs, sharing limits, and in some instances, pre-existing conditions.
Prenotification is especially important prior to receiveing diagnostic testing. This may include MRIs, PET scans, diagnostic colonoscopies, endoscopies, diagnostic mammograms, surgeries, hospitalizations, pregnancies, oncology needs, and more. We recommend referencing our Sharing Guidelines prior to receiving any scheduled service.
Prenotification in four easy steps:
- Before a healthcare need arises, read and become familiar with our Sharing Guidelines. This will help you gain a clear understanding of what expenses are considered eligible or ineligible for sharing within our community.
- If our Sharing Guidelines show that your medical service requires prenotification, download the Electronic Prenotification form. You or your provider will need to complete and submit the form. For urgent requests, please contact the Prenotification Department.
- Once your prenotification request is received and reviewed, the prenotification team may request additional clinical documentation to determine eligibility (such as onset of signs and symptoms or pre-existing conditions). If this information is required a nurse specialist will reach out to you promptly.
- Once a nurse specialist receives the requested documentation, Liberty HealthShare will follow up with you within 7-10 business days with a prenotification determination.
Two ways a member or provider can submit a Prenotification request:
The electronic prenotification form can be accessed by any member or provider at libertyhealthshare.org under the Resources tab. Members may also find this form in their ShareBox. This form allows for quick and efficient processing of member requests.
- Complete the prenotification request form.
- Fax or email the request form to the pre-notification department.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt within 24 hours.
For urgent requests:
Please contact the Prenotification Department at 855-585-4237, option 4 to speak directly with a nurse specialist who will assist you in managing your medical needs promptly.
In addition to contacting the prenotification department prior to receiving services, it is important to research and compare related services to receive quality care at a fair price. Researching local physicians and facilities through Healthcare Bluebook will help you gain valuable insights as a self-pay patient. You can also access Healthcare Bluebook within your ShareBox.
If you have questions, please call the Prenotification department and one of our nurses will be happy to assist you. It is our privilege to help you navigate healthcare in ways that honor our commitment to wise stewardship and mutual support.