Couple $15,000, Family $20,000
Monthly Share Amounts:
What Is Shared in Medical Cost Sharing Programs?
At Liberty HealthShare, we strive to make it easier for you to be a wise consumer and manager of your medical care.
As part of our simple, transparent process, your monthly voluntary share contribution automatically transfers to the online account of another member with eligible medical expenses. You see where your money goes, so you can pray for and encourage the members you help. But what happens when you or your family has a medical need? What is shared as part of your Liberty HealthShare membership?
Shareable Eligible Medical Expenses
Once you’ve met your Annual Unshared Amount (AUA), the following types of medical expenses are eligible for sharing through Liberty Freedom:
- Acute Hospital Charges
- Ancillary Therapies
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cosmetic Procedures (limited to repair of disfigurement due to accident/injury or illness)
- Emergency Room
- Interpreter Services
- Limb Prosthetics
- Organ Transplant
- Physical/Professional Services
- Subacute Health Care Facility
*Medical Expenses of $200 or less should not be submitted and are not eligible for sharing.
Not All Medical Expenses Are Sharable
Because our medical cost sharing programs are voluntary and limited to amounts shared by members, not all medical expenses are shareable.
Additionally, because Liberty Freedom is a program designed to offer budget-friendly support for unexpected medical expenses, there are services that are not eligible for sharing that may be shareable in another Liberty HealthShare sharing program.
Under Liberty Freedom, you may not share:
- Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Direct Primary Care (DPC) Membership Fees
- Home Health Care/Skilled Care Home Services
- Hospice Care
- Maternity Care and Delivery
- Medical Costs Incurred Outside the United States
- Naturopathic/Alternative Treatments of Medical/Complimentary Alternative Medicine/Integrative Health
- Nutrition Therapy/Education
- Prescription Drugs
- Wellness Visits (Inclusive of Wellness Labs) and Preventative Screenings
Some exceptions and restrictions apply. For complete details, please refer to our Sharing Guidelines (PDF).
How Our Medical Cost Sharing Programs Work
At Liberty HealthShare, we’re committed to making medical cost-sharing a simple and transparent process.
Members across the U.S. become a part of a national sharing community that believes in the power of caring for one another through the Christian value of sharing. Like-minded members from diverse, varying backgrounds contribute monthly to help other members in need. The concept is simple but incredibly powerful.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose your doctor, provider, or facility. You have access to a network of more than 900,000 providers, or use an out of network provider without penalty.
- Show your Liberty HealthShare Member ID card at the time of service.
- Provider submits your bills to Liberty HealthShare for eligibility assessment for member sharing.
- Once you’ve met your Annual Unshared Amount (AUA), members may share your eligible expenses up to your program’s limit.
As part of our simple, transparent process, you’ll always know exactly where your voluntary contributions are going and the status of your shareable medical expenses. Our members support one another and their families on their journey to better healthcare.
The Liberty HealthShare Process
As a community of like-minded, health-conscious individuals and families, we commit to bearing one another’s burdens and support one another in times of need.
Contribute your monthly shared amount
Visit any provider or medical facility of your choice
Present your Liberty HealthShare Member ID card
Provider bills Liberty HealthShare electronically to apply discounts